Sunday, November 5, 2017

Constructivism Booklet & Poster Draft #1

Below is my first draft of my booklet and poster. For the booklet, I wanted to highlight the dynamic movement that constructivist pieces had, as well as the traditional red and black colors, blocky letters, and geometric shape.

For my poster, I wanted to give a contemporary movie a constructivist style poster. I chose Harry Potter because I saw a connection between a lot of the themes in the Realistic Manifesto and the Harry Potter books and movies. I also thought Harry's glasses would give me a fun space to play with the sort-of double-exposure effect that Rodchenko especially played with. Also, a lot of the Stenberg brother's posters played with the form of glasses, so I thought that might be a good way to give another little nod to them as well.










No comments:

Post a Comment