Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Revised Booklet and Poster

Below are the revised booklet and poster. In critique, we talked about relying less on the graphics and making the type become the graphics. I changed the typeface to Franklin Gothic to allow for easier justification (which helps it take the shape better). I chose to do it in all caps to suggest the traditional lettering that constructivists used. I also played with scale shifts and random angles to again fit more with the constructivist style. I also worked on making the spreads more cohesive rather than 6 separate pages.

For the poster, in critique people brought up that the poster seemed a bit flat compared to the booklet (which I agreed with). Stenberg brother posters always had some sort of depth, even if that depth was created with flat object, particularly buildings so I wanted to incorporate the castle from Harry Potter to add that sense of location and depth.






No comments:

Post a Comment