Thursday, April 5, 2018

Cloris Awards Info Reflection

After speaking with Michael I think there are a few things that I think will work best for this identity. Michael was fairly wishy-washy on like sophistication level but I think it's really important to make this a high-class event. While this is Iowa, many people get dressed up just to go see a show (I know sometimes I would get dressed up even to go see a high-school production) and as Neil said he felt underdressed in a fairly nice outfit. I also think having this be like a fancy event will help entice more people to come - people love having a reason to get dressed up and feel fancy for an evening and the theatre is very conducive to that. Many people see the theatre as a fine art (which it is) and treat it with more dignity and class than perhaps other live events. Also, he kept mentioning them basing this off of the Tony's and the Oscar's which are all very high-class events.

I think I would really like to get to work on the website. In my mind, the website is the most important part of this process. As Michael said, at this point they're fairly disorganized and the website will be essential to helping the organization as well as the theatre companies to better organize and understand what is going on in regards to the Cloris Awards.

I'm excited to get to do more research and really solidify what this brand means and how we can best represent that for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment