Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Dracula - Test Spreads #2


After assessing my previous versions, I decided that Calson was the font I wanted to go with. I thought the wide x-width and serifs made it easy to read in long paragraphs as well as the fact that Calson is an English typeface that existed at the time of the publishing of Dracula. I experimented with various different font sizes and leadings and found that 12 and 14 leading seemed to be the most readable leadings. From there I tried out several font sizes and thought the ones below seemed like the best options. The font used in the chapter heading is a gothic style font called "Olde London." Since Dracula is a piece of gothic literature I thought it would be fitting to use a more gothic font - as well as an opportunity to add some more visual appeal and variety.

Caslon - 10 font 12 leading 
Caslon - 10 font 14 leading



Caslon - 11 font 14 leading

No comments:

Post a Comment