Friday, September 22, 2017

Preliminary Booklet Ideas - Trirong Font Family

Below are the JPGs of my initial booklet. So far the only formatting is the typeface and the typeface styles that I plan to use. I haven't done really anything with the grid yet because, even after the Brockmann reading, I'm still not clear on how the mathematics for figuring out the grid works.

As far as types of paper, it looks like the most well-known Thai paper is Mulberry paper so I may look into using that for my booklet since my typeface is so closely tied to Thailand - but  I'll have to see if that paper is suitable for printing and how expensive it is. Otherwise, it is a modern typeface - created in 2015 - so the type of paper won't rely on any historical context.

"Trirong" means tri-colored flag in Thai and represents Thailand's flag. The colors of Thailand's flag are red, white, and blue so I plan on weaving that color scheme throughout my booklet to tie the typeface back to its meaning and Thai roots.









No comments:

Post a Comment